NOTICE

Herbaceous Babe is going to be a little less regular in the days to come as the author gets launched in her professional career. Keep checking back, because there's no telling when a new post will appear!

Monday, December 31, 2012

Dehydrated Flax-jacks

It's not often I find a dehydrator at my disposal. And in fact, being a product of my instant culture, I don't like them very much except for preserving purposes. I prefer meals that can be prepared, start-to-finish, in less than an hour. But it had been so long since I had eaten pancakes that, by the time I received my new cookbook, I had become quite pliable.


Behold, the flax-jack: a flax-banana-pear smoothie without the cup. Okay, that doesn't really sound appetizing.... It's one of only three recipes in the entire book that does not have a cooked option - go figure. The banana is the predominate flavour, and though I rather enjoyed it, my sister found the texture a bit disconcerting. It's times like these when one must remember to appreciate an 'alternative' dish for its intrinsic value, and not compare it to the thing it is intended to imitate. Like I said, I liked them.

This is another flax pancake recipe from Amber Shea Crawley, but not the same as the one in her book.

No comments:

Post a Comment