NOTICE

Herbaceous Babe is going to be a little less regular in the days to come as the author gets launched in her professional career. Keep checking back, because there's no telling when a new post will appear!

Sunday, October 8, 2017

Tomato Pesto Sandwich, and Cheese Review


Y'all, I think I'm in love. Follow Your Heart provolone-style slices are not only vegan - they're soy free too! But it doesn't stop there. It tastes just like actual provolone (I can say this because, and don't shun me, I am not living 100% vegan at the moment). AND it melts just like provolone (which isn't very much, but it's something). I could eat it by the slice... if it cost less.


For my first trick, I made this lovely toasted tomato pesto and cheese sandwich.I may have also made a grilled cheese sandwich at some point, but I can't remember.


The label doesn't explicitly say nut-free on it, but I didn't see any nut ingredients on the list. Turns out their website has a friendly FAQ chart about allergens in their products, and HOORAY - no nuts! In fact, the VeganEgg is the only product with a nut warning, and they have a rigorous process to prevent cross-contamination, which is outlined in the chart.


To be honest, I wasn't that hot on their mozzarella. It looked like mozza, felt kinda like mozza, sliced kinda like mozza, and even tasted kinda like mozza. But it was just "kinda" enough to not be convincing. Plus it's soy-based. They do also have soy-free american, pepperjack, and gouda that I have not tried yet, as well as a soy-based cheddar. I may have to give it a shot, just so I can report back to you ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment