NOTICE

Herbaceous Babe is going to be a little less regular in the days to come as the author gets launched in her professional career. Keep checking back, because there's no telling when a new post will appear!

Monday, June 17, 2013

Raw Balsamic Broccoli Bowl

"Salad" has kind of become a dirty word in my kitchen. But veggie bowls with dressing have started to gain a bit of renown lately, especially as I search for more delicious and interesting (but still simple and nutritious) raw meals. "Veggie bowl" ...I could live with that.

After a particularly monumental splurge at the grocery store, I contemplated what to eat first. Here's a glance into my thought-process in real-time:

It's been a while since I've eaten raw broccoli... And I LOVE mushrooms... Oh, but let's not use liquid aminos this time... Hmm, out of almond slivers.... Hey, I bet I sun-dried tomatoes would go well with that... OOOH, balsamic vinaigrette...


There it is, folks. Ten minutes later, it was in the depths of my belly and feeling rather cozy. Very satisfying. Very refreshing. Very worth repeating.

No comments:

Post a Comment