NOTICE

Herbaceous Babe is going to be a little less regular in the days to come as the author gets launched in her professional career. Keep checking back, because there's no telling when a new post will appear!

Monday, May 20, 2013

Baked Spring Rolls

You know that moment when you realize that you've substituted almost everything in the recipe? Yep, I've been there.

This is the third attempt at spring rolls this month and, sadly, the closest I've followed the recipe so far. Instead of bok choy, there's cabbage. Instead of green onion, there's white. Instead of green pepper, there's crushed red pepper flakes. And tomato instead of beet. In one final devious act, I served my rolls with the lemon-ginger dipping sauce from last week's sushi. It was good.


...And because my autism lends me the great gift of tasting both words and pictures, I can assure you that the  original recipe is even more scrumptious.

No comments:

Post a Comment