NOTICE

Herbaceous Babe is going to be a little less regular in the days to come as the author gets launched in her professional career. Keep checking back, because there's no telling when a new post will appear!

Monday, October 1, 2012

Vegetable Pot Pie

My stepfather is a man after my own heart when it comes to cooking. He reads recipes, looks in the fridge, and creates something all his own.


Simmer veggies in water until tender, adding GF flour to thicken into a stew, and top with a GF pie crust. Our veggies included mushrooms, asparagus, carrots, celery, onion, garlic, sweet potato, herbs and spices. The pie crust was simply one part water, two parts GF flour* and a bit of olive oil. It was just a tad too sticky to use a rolling pin, so I just flattened it with my hands. Too soft for hard tack and not salty enough for saltines, I really liked it and may actually make some saltines from this recipe.

*At least, I thought that's what I did until I tried to make it again... Keep adding flour until it's dry enough to work (but not too dry). Made with Namaste Biscuits, Piecrusts & More flour mix. There's a recipe on the bag - maybe I got the water and oil quantities switched around...

No comments:

Post a Comment