NOTICE

Herbaceous Babe is going to be a little less regular in the days to come as the author gets launched in her professional career. Keep checking back, because there's no telling when a new post will appear!

Saturday, September 29, 2012

Sweet Potato Enchiladas

Mashed sweet potatoes, black beans, onion, and cumin cuddled into a corn tortilla and smothered in a spicy tomatillo sauce - gets me every time.


The original recipe calls for three sweet potatoes, but two has proved more than enough for me to fill 14 stuffed tortillas. I also needed to double the sauce, and substituted a can of green chiles for the jalapeƱo. The smell was nose-grabbing to say the least, but my spice-loving palate thought it was just right. (When I make this for mother, I use a bell pepper and cut the other spices in half.)

This is my favourite vegan recipe of all time, but I could not seem to get a good picture to save my life... Maybe I'm too much of a perfectionist, but here's another just in case:

No comments:

Post a Comment