NOTICE

Herbaceous Babe is going to be a little less regular in the days to come as the author gets launched in her professional career. Keep checking back, because there's no telling when a new post will appear!

Monday, November 5, 2012

Eggless! Mushroom Kale Quiche

People keep asking, "How is that even possible?" The French word quiche comes from German kuchen, meaning cake. No eggs required.


Allow me to over-simplify this recipe:

Combine cooked chickpeas, cashews, water, tahini, lemon juice, thyme, arrowroot powder (or cornstarch), and chives in a food processor. Sauté  mushrooms in olive oil and liquid aminos until brown, add garlic and kale, then stir until wilted and bright green. Add vegetables to food processor and pulse. Place batter in muffin tins and bake at 350 for about 30 minutes. I added a bit of salt, but I didn't use nutritional yeast.

Mine are considerably greener than the original recipe. I probably used twice the amount of kale. It was dark. It was a bit crumbly. It was good. Still, I wish the chickpeas had been a bit more prominent. Next time, I'll either save the extra kale or serve it on the side.

No comments:

Post a Comment