NOTICE

Herbaceous Babe is going to be a little less regular in the days to come as the author gets launched in her professional career. Keep checking back, because there's no telling when a new post will appear!

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Raw M.A.T. Patties

Here's another quick'n'simple lunch idea inspired by BeautifulonRaw:

(Picture coming soon - camera was dead, so I'll have to make it again this week for a photo shoot!)

Take a clean Mushroom cap , stuff it with Avocado (mashed or sliced) and Tomato (trust me when I say 'bite-size pieces), and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Add fresh herbs to taste.

Seriously, I've been eating avocado and tomato like a crazy woman this summer! And why not? Avocados are a great source of good fat, and tomatoes are rich in antioxidants (among other health benefits). Good tomatoes are hard to find though, so I buy local, organic tomatoes whenever possible for the best flavour.

Something else I did last week was make a Bruschetta "bowl" - diced tomato and avocado drizzled with olive oil and balsamic vinegar and topped with basil and oregano. Eat it with a fork, or serve with corn chips :)

No comments:

Post a Comment